Open Call for Fundación Mar Adentro 2022 Competitive Funds
The Fund will be receiving applications between March 7 and April 25, with the objective of financing innovative and transdisciplinary projects that promote the conservation of ecosystems and their biodiversity.
The selected projects must be located in Chile and will receive a maximum amount of CLP 5 million. In addition, the Foundation’s team will monitor the progress of each chosen initiative.
The projects are expected to be creative and innovative, encouraging transdisciplinary work (arts/humanities/sciences) and with a strong community commitment. In addition, the Foundation is seeking initiatives with long-term projections that will be ideally taking place throughout different areas of Chile.
Foundations, NGOs, institutions, associations and even individuals (although it is recommended to apply on behalf of a team or together with an institution) can apply to the fund. Once awarded, it entails commitments between the Foundation and the person / entity executing the project.
It should be noted that those who are awarded the fund will have the possibility to re-apply the following year for different development stages, during up to 3 consecutive years.
For more information on the application requirements for the 2022 FMA Fund, view and download the following documents:
This fund does NOT seek to support projects with the following characteristics:
● Communicational / political campaigns
● Event sponsorship
● International projects without direct impact in Chile
● Commercial ventures
● Artistic residencies (if you are interested, review our Bosque Pehuén Residencies program)
● Scholarships (includes undergraduate and/or postgraduate)
● Projects with other partners and/or collaborators linked to the areas of mining and industry
● Paper/logging industry, agricultural exploitation, aquaculture or other extractivist actions.
● Projects whose ultimate goal is the quantification of emissions or carbon credits are excluded
● Art exhibitions
● Edition and printing of publications
● We are not looking for projects in the idea stage, but rather those that already have a validation that allows them to develop
● Projects that do not have a long-term projection
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To review the list of frequently asked questions and their answers, please download the following document: Frequently Asked Questions FMA Fund
The period for receiving questions ends on Monday, March 1. After this date no more inquiries will be received and the frequently asked questions on our website will be updated.